- Halloween Dance:
There will be a Halloween dance on Tuesday afternoon during the pm classes. If you do not want to attend the dance, you must bring a note from your parents and get picked up at lunch time. Reminder to students: There are no weapons allowed, Costumes are to be worn only in the afternoon, there are prizes for 1st,2nd, and 3rd best costume, as well as spot dances. The cost of the dance is $2.
- Coats for Kids. We are collecting gently used coats, hats, mitts, and scarves. You can bring these items to rm 113 in the mornings. The last day to bring items in will be Oct. 31st.
- New for Leary’s Brook Junior High: Samjae Taekwondo. 2 months free for new student registration. See office for more information.
- FUN CLUB: If anyone is interested in joining FUN Club go to Room 103 on Thursdays at lunch time. Students of all nationalities are welcome! We will do fun things like play games, sing, make things, and all kinds of ‘fun’ stuff.
- Did you know that In North America, we produce enough garbage each day to fill 7000 garbage trucks. One way we can cut down on our waste is by recycling. The grade six ICF classes want to help the environment and raise money for the school by collecting our recycling each Wednesday and preparing it for the recycling depot. We wanted to remind everyone what should go in the recycling. Bins marked recycling are for juice boxes bottles and cans. It would be very helpful if you could make sure the containers are emptied and that any garbage including the straws and caps, go in the trash. Thank you for doing your part to keep the school green!
- Gr.7 boys basketball. No practice tomorrow. Bottle drive this Sat 9:15-11. Please be there on time.
- Symphonic Band today 2:45 -4:00. Symphonic Woodwinds today Period 5.
- 7-9 Choir tomorrow Period 2. Concert Band tomorrow Period 4.
- Youth Open Mic & Coffee House. Sing, play a song, bust a move, juggle, slam a poem, perform stand up comedy. Share your talent! Fridays 7 to 9pm, October 27 and November 24 at the Paul Reynolds Community Centre. Ages 12 to 18, Cost is $4.
Next PostPrevious Post